Boy Smells Candles
In 2016, Boy Smells began as an experiment in candle-making in the Los Angeles kitchen of co-founders and real-life partners Matthew Herman and David Kien, they wanted to create a product that embraces masculinity and femininity simultaneously in a straightforward way that wasn't targeted to one gender. Each candle is created in the founders’ home in Los Angeles with fragrance and natural oils, all-natural coconut wax and beeswax. They are hand-poured in a 8.8 ounce reusable glass vessel, hand-labeled, and have a 55 hour burn time.
- Gardener: Citrus groves and tomato gardens give vibrance to this scent of flora still clinging to the vine. Dominant notes of orange tree bark, tomato juice are rounded by drops of honeysuckle nectar.
- Kush: Green, bright, and a wisp of delicate floral. As the cannabis flowers and brushed suede warm up, the amber accord grounds this dank and intoxicating scent. A perennial favorite.
- Cinderrose: Inspired by the floral photographs of Gregory Crewdson, Cinderose exposes the sinister side of the familiar. Notes of rose, orange blossom, and jasmine are mixed with smoke, cedar, and birch tar to create a scent both beautiful and troubling.
- Ash: Sometimes you have to burn everything down to start new. Dry hay and black coals permeate throughout the burn. A lingering accord of bright juniper berry round out this modern, smoky scent.
- Petal: Magnolia, night–blooming tuberose, rose, sage, and purple geranium float you away while golden amber and exotic musk bring you back to earth in this hyper floral concoction.
- Hinoki Fantome: A resinous aroma of smoking Japanese cypress and jasmine petals. Warm and meditative with an element of earthy spice notes and quiet, fresh moss. Studies note that hinoki's vibrant timber can induce physiological relaxation. An absolute cold-weather necessity to warm and invigorate the nasal senses.
- Cedar Stack: A prettier take on the classic wood scent—cedar chips and dried tobacco are led into deeper spiced floral notes of labdanum, while notes of peppercorn add a light bite to this smell, both modern and nostalgic. It's instant glamping in candle form.