Cellar Door Preserves
Regular price $12.50
Cellar Door creates handcrafted small batch artisan preserves using traditional techniques with fruit sourced along the shore of Lake Michigan. Cellar Door was born out of a desire to eat local and support small farmers and that is just what we do. Our preserves highlight the terroir of the Upper Midwest. Sustainability is important to us - we use very little plastic in any part of our process and we compost all organic waste. We carry both traditional and innovative flavors. Each jar is made with care, attention to detail, and love. Jar size: 9oz.
- Peach Jam with Brown Sugar - forward with a sharp, but quick spicy habenero finish this jam is perfect for sandwiches and cheeseboards.
- Blueberry Jam with Ginger - Michigan blueberries mixed with ginger two ways - first steeped with fresh ginger, then chopped candied ginger so each bite is a surprise. Pairs well with yogurt, oatmeal, toast, goat cheese, and mixes well into gin based cocktails.
- Balaton Cherry Jam - balaton cherries are a variety of sour cherries that originated in Hungary and are now grown in Michigan, they have gorgeous red flesh and a deep cherry flavor. This preserve is a special treat to be sure. Deep, true cherry flavor - this preserve is fantastic on toast, in yogurt, or paired with strong cheese.
- Blackberry Jam with Lime - made with Michigan blackberries picked at peak ripeness this preserve is delicious and versatile. The lime is noticeable, but subtle, this is definitely a true blackberry jam. Our favorite way to use this preserve is in blackberry margaritas! This preserve is also great with toast or as a cheesecake topping.
- Raspberry Jam with Lavender - Just the right amount of sweet and floral. This preserve is made from Michigan grown raspberries harvested a peak ripeness and made in small batches with great attention to detail. Use as the middle layer of a cake, stir in to plain yogurt, or pair with strong cheddar cheese.
- Tomato Jam with Red Pepper - a unique preserve! Fantastic on a cheese or charcuterie board. This preserve is sweet, savory and a little spicy. Based on old fashioned recipes, this best-seller is excellent with cream cheese, on a burger, or atop a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Strawberry Preserves - a classic take on strawberry preserves. Just two ingredients come together to make this decadent preserve. Made with Michigan strawberries harvested a peak ripeness. There is no added pectin which gives this preserve a classic soft set. Stir into whole milk yogurt, use on strawberry shortcake, and of course pair with peanut butter.
- Strawberry Jam with Aged Balsamic - strawberry jam for grown-ups, complex flavor with whole berries. The balsamic ads a depth of flavor without making the jam taste vinegar-y at all Stir into whole milk yogurt, use on strawberry shortcake, spread over a cake instead of frosting.